And The Rocketeer's Red Glare!


With the possible exception of Jack Kirby Fourth World saga, I likely more different versions of The Rocketeer by Dave Stevens than any other story. This is at once a delightful and evocative story which was told by Stevens in achingly slow chapters over the course of many years and at several different publishers.


It began at Pacific Comics in the back pages of Starslayer and then Pacific Presents before shifting over to Eclipse Comics and then Comico Comics and finally Dark Horse Comics. The current publisher of the full saga is IDW and I've just recently picked up the paperback trade version to add to my many other iterations of this beautiful story.


 Each time I read this raucous yarn, I'm transported back to an imaginary quasi-historical era of heroic adventure when the world was vast and the promise of youth was bountiful, not just in the setting of the story but in my own life as well. It's a time trip of the most invigorating kind.

Here are the covers of some of the versions I own in addition to the original Starslayers.










Rip Off

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Erotic Art Of Wallace Wood!

A Tale Of Two Dojos - The Dojo Strikes Back!

Weird Sex-Fantasy!