Rock And Roll Invasion!


Rock and Roll Invasion is an entertaining collection of tunes dedicated to the theme of outer space and the budding romance with same in the United States in the late 50's and early 60's as the space program was just getting underway. The signature event was the launch of Sputnik in 1957 by the Soviet Union. Sputnik shows up in a number of these rock songs by talents most of whom I'd never heard of before to be honest. Since Sputnik and I are the same age, I've always had my ear tuned to mentions of it in popular culture.


Here's the list of tunes on this little CD which I found for relatively small money at Half Price Books a month or so ago. It is apparently part of a larger package with three other collections, each of which focus on some notorious or popular of the time. 


There's one on voodoo dolls, rebellious teenagers and guitar instrumentals and  that sounds like it would be a bunch of fun. I've only listened to this CD once, so I don't have a standout favorite yet, but that could change as hear more of it more often. 

Rip Off

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Erotic Art Of Wallace Wood!

A Tale Of Two Dojos - The Dojo Strikes Back!

Weird Sex-Fantasy!